SODBUSTER DAYS OLD-TIME FIDDLE CONTEST
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2004 @ 1 p.m.
FORT RANSOM STATE PARK (ND)
- Beans (have played fiddle 3 years or less)
- Corn (have played fiddle more than 3 years)
- Wheat (age 60 +)
- Championship (top three scores of the day)
- Bob Johnson, Uff Da Mountain Boys, Fergus Falls
- James Haining, Baggage Room Boys, Fergus Falls
- Kay Werre, Fullerton, ND
- Lloyd Larson, Fargo, ND
- Gene Undem, Valley City, ND
- Beans, Corn, Wheat: $50 first, $40 second, $30 third.
- Championship: $80 first, $70 second, $60 third.
- Free t-shirts for age 12 and under who don't place.
- Contestants play a waltz, reel and tune of choice (other than a waltz or reel), in that order.
- Top three scorers advance to championship division and play one new tune (your choice).
- No trick or fancy fiddling. (Plucked notes, double or triple shuffles, etc.) If in doubt about a tune, ask a judge!
- Two backup instruments allowed. Backup does not play melody. No bowed backup.
- Time limit of 5 minutes for all three tunes.
0-100 points for tuning/intonation, difficulty of tune,
rhythm/timing, execution (danceability), tone @ 20 points each.
- Pre-register by September 1, 2004, for a free gate pass to admit fiddler and one guest.
- On site registrants do not receive free admission to the event and must register by noon September 11, 2004.
- Contest begins at 1 p.m. with brief Q/A meeting with judges.
- Decision of the judges is final.
Please print the MS Word or HTML form to register to play in this contest. Mail it to Mary Kreidelcamp, 4142, 121 Ave. SE, Valley City, ND 58072.
Contact Mary at the address above or 701-845-4077, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or Ann at 218-236-1470, email email@example.com
Last modified: Mon Aug 16 13:55:06 CDT 2004